Music by RICHARD RODGERS
Book and Lyrics by OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II
Based on the play
“Green Grow the Lilacs” by Lynn Riggs
Original Choreography by Agnes de Mille
Englewood’s Summer Drama program is an educational and entertaining amateur summer theatre program. People of all ages experience the aspects of community theatre, from production to opening night.
Englewood Summer Drama Directors
Acting Director - Bill Ambron
Vocal Director – Jonna Merino
Choreography Director - Jennifer Brickley
Performances will be held at the Englewood Campus, Fisher Auditorium at 3800 S. Logan St.
- Friday, April 26, 2019, 5-9pm; or
- Saturday, April 27, 2019, 9:30am to Noon
- Audition sign-ups will be available Friday, March 15th. Click here to sign-up for an audition.
- Auditions will be held at the Malley Recreation Center, 3380 S. Lincoln St.
- All persons wanting to be in the show must first audition and prepare a one minute song
- An accompanist will be available;
- Memorization is not required but strongly encouraged and;
- A head shot is requested at the time of auditioning (does not need to be professional but must clearly show your face).
- Audition Form
- Character Descriptions
Rehearsals (for ages 13 years of age and older):
- Rehearsals begin on Monday, June 3rd for all cast members. All cast members, parents and children are required to attend the first rehearsal for important information.
- Rehearsals will be held at the Englewood Campus, 3800 S. Logan St.
- Evening rehearsals are for cast members 13 years and older.
- There is a $20 program fee for all actors and actresses performing in the production of OKLAHOMA!
Drama Classes (ages 8-12 yrs old):
These drama classes will inspire children of all abilities to act, sing & dance. A child may participate in the drama class and not be in the OKLAHOMA! production. All children who audition and are selected to be in the final production of OKLAHOMA! must register for the summer drama class. Click here for information on the class.
Additional Documents and Links:
- Actor's Information Packet 8-12 years old
- Actor's Information Packet 13 years and older
- Information and Acknowledgement Form 8-12 years old
- Information and Acknowledgement Form 13-17 years old
- Information and Acknowledgement Form 18 years and older
The Englewood Summer Drama program is sponsored in part by the Scientific and Cultural Facilities District