Social Media Policy
The City of Englewood operates and maintains these social media sites to provide citizens, businesses, and visitors with information about City programs, services, projects, issues, events, and activities. This information is intended to offer quick, convenient, and easy access for those wishing to learn about the City of Englewood. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided on the application.
The information is provided as a public service, and the City of Englewood assumes no liability for any inaccuracies the application may contain. Neither does the City of Englewood assume any liability for content, comments, or advertisements posted on this application by external individuals, agencies, or companies. Any external content and/or comments included on the application do not imply endorsement by the City of Englewood.
The City of Englewood reserves the right to remove any content that is deemed in violation of our comments policy or any applicable laws.
The content on this application, including all public comments, is subject to public disclosure under the Colorado Open Records Act.
Comments Policy – The City of Englewood welcomes your comments. Because we must abide by certain standards to serve all constituents in a civil and respectful manner, all comments must comply with the guidelines listed below. Any posts that violate our comment policy will be removed from the application and records kept as required.
If you encounter objectionable content on this application, please notify the content manager for this application immediately.
- Posts for any unlawful purposes, for promotion of illegal activities, or posts that violate any federal, state, or local law shall be prohibited;
- No profanity or obscene language may be used;
- No content or links to content of a pornographic nature will be allowed;
- We encourage free speech and defend everyone’s right to express their point of view, but we do not permit hate speech (speech that attacks or demeans a person or group based on age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law);
- Disclosure of social security numbers, credit card numbers, the email address of another person, or any other identifying personal information that could potentially be used to perpetrate identification fraud is prohibited;
- No posts related to commercial speech will be allowed (i.e. no solicitations of commerce);
Posts with links that are suspected of containing a virus will be removed from the application immediately;
- Individuals posting comments should be aware that all comments posted on this application are subject to the Colorado Open Records Act.
- All commenters who post to any City of Englewood social media applications are bound by the applications’ respective usage agreements pertaining to user rights and responsibilities.