Coronavirus (COVID-19) Recovery Center VIEW HERE

Business Resources: COVID-19 Temporary Outdoor Expansion Application VIEW HERE

Regulations for Election Signs

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Englewood's City Clerk wants to make sure the public is aware of regulations and guidelines covering campaign signs: 

Never move or remove another candidate’s or committee’s election sign(s). If you feel it has been placed in an inappropriate area, report it to the City Clerk’s Office by email ( or by phone at 303-762-23.00

Election signs must be in compliance with local, State and Federal laws.

State and Federal Regulations

No election signs may be installed in the right-of-way for a State or Federal highway. In Englewood, this would apply to Federal Boulevard, Santa Fe Drive, Belleview Avenue, University Boulevard, and U.S. 285 (Hampden Avenue).

Englewood Regulations  

  • Permission from the owner of the property is required. Unauthorized signs will be removed upon request. 
  • It shall be the responsibility of the candidate to remove signs by the stated deadlines.

In the City of Englewood election signs are not allowed in the public right-of-way. Some homes in Englewood have a grass/dirt area between the sidewalk and the street; that land between the sidewalk and the curb is considered public right-of-way.

There are also regulations that prohibit signs on power poles, traffic light poles, and traffic control devices.