Englewood’s Utilities Department is asking water customers to voluntarily follow the three-day-per-week watering restrictions set forth by Denver Water and other water agencies across the Denver metro area.
At this time, the Department does not anticipate imposing mandatory watering restrictions in Englewood, but customers are strongly encouraged to conserve water, both inside and outside of your homes.
The Utilities Department will keep a close eye on drought conditions and water usage as we enter the summer months. If mandatory restrictions become necessary, we will notify customers via our website.
- Water no more than three days a week (there are no assigned days)
- Water only before 10:00 AM and after 6:00 PM.
- Water only when lawns or gardens need the water.
- Give the lawn or garden only as much water as it needs.
- Keep water from running down alleys and gutters.
- Don't water while it is raining or during high winds.
- Fix leaking sprinker systems as soon as possible
The following tips will help you conserve water indoor and out.
Up to date snow pack conditions can be viewed at the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service web site at www.co.nrcs.usda.gov/snow/ (outside link).
If you have questions, contact our Utilities Department at 303-762-2635.