3615 S. Elati Street
Englewood, CO 80110
The Professional Standards Bureau provides a variety of services:
- Investigates allegations of employee misconduct to ensure the following:
- Protection of the public—The public has the right to expect efficient, fair, and impartial law enforcement. Therefore, any alleged misconduct by department personnel will be thoroughly investigated and properly adjudicated to ensure the maintenance of these qualities.
- Protection of the department—The department is often evaluated and judged by the conduct of its individual members. It is imperative that the entire organization not be subjected to public censure due to misconduct by a few of its personnel.
- Protection of the employee—Employees must be protected against false allegations of misconduct. This can only be accomplished via a thorough investigative process. Furthermore, individuals who knowingly file false or malicious allegations of employee misconduct may be prosecuted.
- Background Investigations on new employees
- Equipment Procurement
- Public Information
- Research and Development
For further information, please call 303-762-2458 or 303-762-2436.
For more information on the commendation or complaint procedure, review this brochure.
If your complaint is in regards to a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), please contact the ADA Coordinator for Law Enforcement at 303-762-2439.