Trash and Litter: The accumulation of trash and litter on any property in Englewood is prohibited.
- Trash includes not only household waste, but can also consist of auto parts, landscaping materials, old appliances, scrap metal, used furniture, wood, or other materials.
- Litter is typically bottles, cans, newspapers, paper, etc.
- Trash needs to be stored in covered trash containers to prevent it from being scattered by animals or the elements, and to prevent the spread of offensive odors.
- Trash containers cannot be set out in front of the property prior to 24 hours before collection.
- Trash containers to the rear of the property must be stored so that they do not obstruct the alley right-of-way.
- All households and businesses are required to have trash removal service at least once a week.
Details on Englewood's regulations are available on this downloadable file: Trash and Litter (PDF file)
To report a code violation, submit a service request.