The list below addresses some of the most common parking violations. Please refer to the Englewood Municipal Code or Model Traffic Code for further information.
If you violate any of the parking rules, you may be issued a citation, with fines ranging from $20 to $100. Failure to pay parking citations can result in your vehicle being impounded.
It is illegal to park:
- within 30' upon the approach to any traffic control device (including traffic lights, stop signs, yield signs, or any other sign that controls the flow of traffic).
- within 20' of any corner crosswalk or at any location where a crosswalk is marked with white lines. A crosswalk is assumed to exist, even if not painted, as the extension of the sidewalk across the street.
- within 15' of a fire hydrant
- within 5' of a driveway.
- within 2' of another vehicle.
- so as to block access to any alley or right-of-way within an alley.
- on a sidewalk. Vehicles must be within 12" of and parallel to the curb.
- within special "Permit Only" zones without a city-issued special permit.
- a vehicle unattended with the engine running.
- longer than permitted by special "timed parking" signs, (i.e. 2 hour parking, 4 hour parking, or other stated times)
- within other posted areas, such as Fire Lanes, Loading Zones, or Handicapped Only spaces.
- within the right-of-way for the purpose of advertising. This includes "For Sale" signs on your vehicle, as well as special signs on your vehicle advertising yard sales, business sales, or other events.
- the wrong direction on a street.
- a recreational vehicle at any time other than when being expeditiously loaded or unloaded.
- a semi-truck and trailer on the street that is not in the process of loading or unloading its contents.
- an unattached trailer on the street.
- so as to obstruct the movement of traffic.
- without a valid license plate.
- on the roadway side of any vehicle stopped or parked at the curb (double-parking).
If you have any parking related questions, please call 303-783-6816.
Englewood Municipal Code (outside link)