Englewood Municipal Court
Englewood Civic Center
1000 Englewood Pkwy • 2nd Floor
Englewood, CO 80110
Phone: 303-762-2580 email: email@example.com
Jury Service Inquiries
- Englewood Municipal Court holds jury trials on an as-needed basis.
- The selection of citizens for jury service is done randomly through a computer program.
- Englewood citizens are summoned through the mail for jury duty.
- If you receive a summons, please make sure to read and follow all instructions contained in both the summons and information letter.
- By law, you must appear for jury duty unless the Jury Commissioner formally excuses you. (See the Special Situation section below for further information.)
- Your employer is required by law to allow you to serve on jury duty without any repercussions to you. However, your employer is not required to pay your normal wages. Please check with your employer regarding their policy on payment and jury service.
- Citizens appearing for jury service will receive $3.00 and citizens serving on a jury panel will be paid $6.00. This is by statute and in no way reflects the value of your service to our American Judicial System.
- There are no child care services or facilities provided. You must make your own arrangements for any child care requirements. Child care issues alone are not grounds for which you would be excused from jury service.
Call the Jury Commissioner at 303-762-2586 if you need to be excused for health reasons or previously scheduled major events that cannot be rescheduled.
- Health Concerns If you need be excused due to health reasons, you must submit a written doctor's statement and contact the Jury Commissioner prior to your appearance date.
- Scheduled Vacation If you are scheduled for vacation or a special event during the time that you are summoned to appear, you must call the Jury Commissioner immediately. The Commissioner will determine if you are excused, rescheduled, or required to appear on the date you were given.