The Energy Efficient Englewood Project offers grants to low and moderate income Englewood homeowners. The grants are up to a maximum of $8,000 per household for energy efficiency upgrades as determined by an energy audit. The grant requires a 20% match from the homeowner; however, if the homeowner does not have the required match then a declining lien may be available.
- All household gross income (before deductions) is below 80% of the Arapahoe County Area Median Income Limits. Please see below for link to income limits.
- Your residence is located within the city limits of Englewood
- You live in the home as your primary residence.
- The maximum grant is $8,000 and requires a 20% homeowner match. If the homeowner cannot provide the match, a four-year declining lien against the property may be available.
- Verification of income, residency and ownership is required
- Funds are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis
- There may be a waiting list
Grants may be used on various energy upgrades as prioritized by a required home energy audit. A few examples include:
- Exterior doors
- Double-pane thermal windows
- Water heaters, including tankless
- Energy Star furnaces
To pre-qualify, please call 303-762-2347 or email Community Development.