Englewood Civic Center
1000 Englewood Parkway • 3rd Floor
Englewood, Colorado 80110
Chief Building Official: Karen Montanez
Director: Brad Power
In an attempt to continue social distancing and to ensure the safety of our customers and staff, we strongly recommend that documents be submitted electronically. Please call 303.762.2357 if you require assistance in submitting permit applications and building plans electronically.
If it is necessary to come into the Building Division, please be aware of the following:
- The Building Division is open 8 AM - 4:30 PM
- Masks are required for the time you are in the building. Service will be politely declined until a mask is donned that covers both nose and mouth. The city will not be providing masks for the public.
- It is necessary to check in at the information desk outside the Building Division.
- Wait times in the Civic Center Building may be substantial. In order to maintain the required 10-feet of separation between customers, only one person at a time will be granted access to the Building Division.
To ensure safe social distancing, the Building Division has instituted the following policy, which is subject to immediate change. We understand this policy will create a hardship, but it is imperative that we limit contact.
Residential inspections of occupied homes MAY be conducted virtually through live video, provided inspectors are able to virtually access all areas and verify all aspects of the project necessary to insure compliance with all applicable codes. Please review the Acknowledgement and Waiver and Remote Video Inspection Guidelines below.
Emergency inspections of occupied homes (i.e. gas leak repairs, electrical service repairs, etc.) will be done, but you will be asked to provide limited contact with the inspector.
Commercial Inspections/New Build Residential projects will continue; however, contractors are asked to vacate the site upon arrival of the inspector. Please inform your crews that they must honor the inspector's requests to limit contact. Inspection of the site will immediately end if the request is not honored.
The Building Division offers a variety of services to help citizens and contractors. Primarily, the division is responsible for ensuring that building structures in Englewood are safe and conform to uniform building codes.
Englewood’s Building office is a division of the Community Development Department. The staff consists of a Chief Building Official, Assistant Chief Building Official, Building Inspector, Plumbing/Mechanical Inspector, Electrical Inspector, and Permit Technicians.
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Requirements
- Contractor License & Exam
- Fee Schedule
- Home Improvement Projects
- International Codes and Amendments
- Monthly Reports
- Permit Applications and Information
- Plan Submittal Requirements - Commercial, Residential, and Demolition
- Residential Building Guidelines
For additional information, please call 303.762.2356, 303.762.2357 or email BuildingDept@englewoodco.gov