Darren Hollingsworth, Economic Development Manager
Email Economic Development
COVID-19 Small Business Support and Recovery Grant
In response to the adverse economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, the City of Englewood has developed a COVID-19 Small Business Support and Recovery Grant Program. This program provides grants up to $2,000 for businesses that have been significantly impacted by this pandemic.
The grant is available to all non home-based small businesses in the City of Englewood; however, priority will be given to businesses that have frequent and/or close contact with customers. Categories of eligible small businesses include: retail (storefront), restaurant/food business; personal care (barber shop, nail salons, spas, etc.); healthcare and social assistance (childcare, etc.); art galleries and performance venues; and small manufacturing businesses.
Businesses must meet all of the following criteria.
- 25 employees or fewer.
- Physical and publicly accessible location in the City of Englewood in a commercial or industrial district.
- Experienced or projected to experience a decline in revenue between February 1, 2020 and April 15, 2020 as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Experienced or projected to experience a decline in employment as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In good standing with the City of Englewood with regard to licensing and finance, including being current on sales and use tax payments.
- Engaged in activities that are legal under city and state law.
- Meet program technical requirements including ability to provide financial records to support grant request.
- Registered with the Colorado Secretary of State's Office.
- Ineligible: National chains and franchises, and regional businesses with more than 5 Colorado locations. Home-based businesses.
If your business meets the above criteria, please complete and email the application below to: email@example.com The grant review committee will evaluate your application and staff will assist you in identifying the most appropriate level of grant support for your business.
Funding for this grant is limited and is subject to closure once budgeted funds are expended.
For more information call 303.762.2342 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Englewood is still committed to providing you with the resources and assistance necessary to be a successful business.; however, in an effort to assist businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, we are currently unable to provide the grants listed below.
|Business Initiation Grant: Grant for new business startup
|Business Acceleration Grant: Grant for permanent improvements
for a business seeking to expand or improve their operation
|Small Business Training Grant/Scholarship: Maximum $500
scholarship to attend a training course offered by one of the City's
|Primary Employer Incentive: Rebate of use taxes or permit fees to support the creation and retention of primary jobs in Englewood|
- South Metro Enterprise Zone - State of Colorado tax credits for a variety of business investments
- Federal Tax Incentives - Incentives to encourage businesses to make capital investments.
- Colorado Brownfields Revolving Loan Fund - Loan program that finances the cleanup and remediation of brownfield properties