Please be aware that the City of Englewood has policies and guidelines regarding garage sales, yard sales, rummage sales, estate sales, etc.
Who can hold a garage sale?
- Only the person having control of the property may conduct a garage sale.
How long can a sale last?
- Only two garage sales are allowed at the same location in any calendar year.
- A sale can only last three consecutive days.
How can I advertise the garage sale?
- You can advertise your sale with a sign, but the sign cannot be placed on any traffic control device or municipal utility structure, and it must not obstruct visibility.
- The signs must include the address of the garage sale and the date of the sale.
- The signs must not be posted more than three days in advance of the sale.
- The signs must not be any larger than 18"X18" and they must be removed as soon as the sale is over (within one day).
Details on Englewood's regulations are available on this downloadable file: Garage Sales (PDF file)
For more information or to report a code violation, submit a service request.