Frequently Asked Questions
- When is the building expected to be finished? The building is expected to be complete by the first quarter of 2019.
- What is the location for the new building? 3615 S. Elati, same location as the current safety services building.
- Where will the police officers and staff office during construction? The plan is for the officers and staff to remain in the existing building while construction of the new building takes place in the north parking lot.
- How much will it cost and where will the funding come from? The preliminary estimate prior to design is $27 million. Actual construction costs will be refined as design proceeds. The funding is coming from the 2016 voter-approved bond.
- Timeline: On April 17, 2017, City Council approved the selection of DLR Group as the architect for the project. The City has hired a project management group – CBRE, which will coordinate all the work through the architect and the subconsultants. They will serve as the city representative through the design and construction.
- Adolfson & Peterson (A&P) started construction on January 5, 2018, with the demolition of the existing parking lot and excavating for the new foundation. The City issued a foundation only permit on January 25, 2018, approving A&P to begin concrete caisson installation.
- DLR Group has completed 100% Construction Drawings, which have been submitted to the City for review.
- Upon completion of the review and approval by the City of Englewood of the construction drawings, this final set will be provided.
- A project update will be presented to City Council by CBRE and City staff at the Feb. 12, 2018, Study Session.