Frequently Asked Questions
- When will construction start? Construction of a new police facility is expected to start in January 2018.
- When is the building expected to be finished? The building is expected to be complete by the first quarter of 2019.
- What is the location for the new building? 3615 S. Elati, same location as the current safety services building.
- Where will the police officers and staff office during construction? The plan is for the officers and staff to remain in the existing building while construction of the new building takes place in the north parking lot.
- How much will it cost and where will the funding come from? The preliminary estimate prior to design is $27 million. Actual construction costs will be refined as design proceeds. The funding is coming from the 2016 voter-approved bond.
- Timeline: On April 17, City Council approved the selection of DLR Group as the architect for the project. The City has hired a project management group – CBRE, which will coordinate all the work through the architect and the subconsultants. They will serve as the city representative through the design and construction.
- On June 19, City Council approved the selection of Adolfson & Peterson (A&P) for Construction Management and General Contracting services. A&P will provide constructability input and cost estimating services during the design process.
- DLR Group has completed the Schematic Design phase.
- Design Drawings will be complete around the middle of August.
- Updated drawings will be provided as design progresses.
- Project update with preliminary drawings presented to City Council on June 12.