Fire Marshal Laura Herblan
3615 S. Elati St.
Englewood, CO 80110
303-762-2365 • email
Fire Inspectors conduct inspections of the City’s commercial occupancies (businesses, schools, institutions, apartment buildings, etc.) to ensure that conditions at those properties are in compliance with the International Fire Code. Your annual Fire Safety Inspection, which is required by law, is also a resource available to protect your property and the health and safety of your employees and those who visit your business or occupy your premises.
During the inspection, Fire Inspectors will check your building’s exits, emergency lighting, exit signs, components of fire-resistive separation, access roadways and fire lanes, and testing and maintenance records of fire-safety systems. They will also make sure there is an emergency evacuation plan in place. If the inspectors find any conditions that violate code, they will notify you and, if the conditions cannot be corrected on the spot, will issue a violation notice requesting that the condition(s) be corrected as soon as possible. If you are unsure how to correct the problem, you are always welcome to call and we will help you determine what action steps to take. A later inspection will be scheduled (usually within 30 days) to confirm that the violation has been corrected.
All Fire Permit Applications and submittals must be submitted to:
The City of Englewood Building Department
1000 Englewood Parkway, 3rd Floor
Englewood, CO 80110
- Clarification on Open Burning
- Fire Marshal's Office Emergency Contact Information
- Fire Permit Fee Schedule
- Fire Watch Building Size-up
- Fire Watch Checklist
- Fire Watch Guidelines
- Fire Watch Log
- Plan Review Fire Permit Application
- Fire Permit Requirements
The City of Englewood has adopted the following amendments to the 2015 International Building Code (effective November 1, 2017):
- 2015 International Fire Code - Fire Code Amendments (PDF file)
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) - (most current edition)
- 2015 International Codes - Building Code Amendments (Coming soon)
- 2015 International Residential Code - Residential Code Amendments (Coming soon)
- Please note: City Council has enacted a moratorium on the enforcement of the requirement for fire sprinklers in residential construction pending enactment of an ordinance to remove the fire sprinkler requirement in the International Residential Code.
- 2015 International Plumbing Code - Plumbing Code Amendments (Coming soon)
- 2015 International Property Maintenance Code - Property Maintenance Code Amendments (Coming soon)
- 2015 International Mechanical Code - Mechanical Code Amendments
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code - Fuel Gas Code Amendments
- 2012 National Electrical Code - Electrical Code Amendments
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code (adopted by reference through the International Building Code)
- ICC/ANSI A117.1 - 2009 Accessibility Standards (adopted by reference through the International Building Code)
Copies of the International Building Code are available for review in the reference section of the Englewood Public Library, located on the first floor of the Englewood Civic Center (1000 Englewood Parkway).
Code Books may be purchased from the International Code Council: www.iccsafe.org (outside link).