Online business licensing and sales tax system
The City of Englewood has partnered with MUNIRevs to provide an online business licensing and tax collection system This system allows businesses to access their accounts and submit tax returns and payments online.
Phone and web support at
Email at email@example.com
|PLEASE NOTE: Effective January 1, 2016, a $25 filing fee was implemented. As provided in the Englewood Municipal Code Title 4 Municipal Finances and Taxation and Title 5 Business and License Regulations, a paper filing fee of $25.00 for each remittance or license application received in paper format and processed in-office will be imposed.|
The City of Englewood's services are dependent, in part, on tax revenues received. We recognize the importance of providing adequate levels of service and infrastructure while maintaining a fair tax structure. The overall tax structures of Colorado and metro Denver rank among the lowest in the nation.
- Sales & Use Tax Frequently Asked Questions
- Standard Exemption Affidavit (PDF)
If you have questions about the Standard Exemption Affidavit, please watch this helpful video produced by the Colorado Municipal League:
Retail Sales Tax A 3.5% Sales Tax is charged on all sales in the City of Englewood except groceries. For definition purposes, a sale includes the sale, lease or rental of tangible personal property. All businesses selling goods in the City must obtain a Sales and Use Tax License. If your business is located in Englewood and does not make retail sales, your only liability involves payment of Use Tax (see Use Tax below). Businesses that have only a Use Tax liability may not be required to hold any City license.
|Scientific & Cultural Facilities District (SCFD)||0.10%|
|City of Englewood Sales Tax||3.50%|
|State of Colorado||2.90%|
Use Tax The City also has a 3.5% Use Tax. All businesses in the City of Englewood are liable for the 3.5% tax on the tangible personal property used or consumed in their business. This includes purchases and leases of equipment, materials, supplies, etc. that are not resold or remanufactured by you. If your vendor has collected the 3.5% municipal sales tax, your liability has been satisfied. If the vendor did not collect the 3.5% from you, your business is required to pay the tax directly to the City of Englewood.
Confused about Englewood Zip Codes and don't know which taxing jurisdiction you are in? There is some misunderstanding about which Zip Codes are actually within Englewood's jurisdiction, as the U.S. Postal Service has designated some areas in Sheridan, Greenwood Village, Centennial, Cherry Hills Village, unincorporated Arapahoe County, and unincorporated Douglas County with Englewood mailing addresses. We offer the following links to help clarify Zip Codes and jurisdictions.
- Zip Code details - A listing of Englewood Zip Codes
- Englewood Street Guide - a complete listing of streets and address ranges within the city limits of Englewood
- Sales and Use Tax Locator - This Sales and Use Tax Rate Locator will provide the jurisdiction and tax rate based on your address.
Sales Tax Forms:Please make your checks payable to the "City of Englewood" and send your sales and use tax remittance to:
P.0. Box 2900
Englewood, CO 80150-2900
Other Englewood Taxes
- Building Materials Use Tax The City's Sales Tax shall not apply to the sale of construction and building materials (as defined in section 29-2-109, C.R.S.) if such materials are picked up by the purchaser and if the purchaser of such materials presents to the retailer a building permit or other documentation acceptable to the City showing that a local use tax has been paid or is required to be paid.
- Lodging Tax A 2% Englewood Lodging Tax applies to all lodging services less than 30 days. This tax is in addition to the 3.5% City Sales Tax.
If you have questions that are not answered on this page, please contact us via email.