Summer Reading at The Englewood Public Library!
May 23 - August 10 (Registration opens May 23)
Please visit the library to register for all Summer Reading Programs
Many prizes available, including grand prize drawings!
Children's and Early Literacy Summer Reading Programs
See below for special Summer Reading storytimes and activities
Early Literacy Summer Reading
- Ages 0-1
- All children who complete the Early Literacy program will get a prize!
Children's Summer Reading
- Ages 2-11
- All children who complete the Children's program will get a prize!
Many thanks to Englewood Public Schools for helping support our Children's Summer Reading Program
Teen Summer Reading Program
- For teens entering middle school and up in the Fall
- Complete each score of the program and earn new prizes at each level, including books, candy, and restaurant gift certificates [while supplies last]!
- Finish all four scores to receive an entry for a grand prize, including Beats headphones!
Adult Summer Reading Program
- For adults ages 18 and over
- Complete each score of the program and earn new prizes at each level [while supplies last]!
- Finish all four scores to receive an entry for a grand prize, including a pair of Bose Sound Sport earbuds!
Every Monday throughout the Summer at 1pm. Fun for the whole family!
- May 28 – Holiday (No Movie)
- June 4 –Alvin and the Chipmunks
- June 11 – Garfield
- June 18 – Trolls
- June 25 – Ferdinand
- July 2 – Madagascar 2
- July 9 – How to Train Your Dragon
- July 16 – Shrek
- July 23 – Ice Age 2
- July 30 – Megamind
- Aug 6 – Kung Fu Panda 2
Tuesday Music Parties
Join us every Tuesday for Music Parties celebrating different styles of music from Swing to Hip Hop! There will be Karaoke, Dancing, Crafts and more. Don’t Forget to dress up for our costume contests and photo booths!
- May 29 - Hip Hop Party: Celebrating Hip Hop Music from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s.
- June 5 - Rhythm and Blues Party: Celebrating Doo-wop and Motown music from the 60s
- June 12 – Rock Party: Celebrating Rock Music from the 80s, 90s and 2000s.
- June 19 - Disco Party: Celebrating Disco Music from the 70s
- June 26 – Hoe Down: Celebrating Country Music from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s.
- July 3 – Swing Party: Celebrating Big Band and Jazz Music from the 20s, 30s and 40s.
- July 10 – Boy Bands and Girl Groups Party: Celebrating Boy Bands and Girl Groups from the 80s and 90s.
- July 17 - Sock Hop: Celebrating Rock Music from the 50s and 60s.
- July 24 - Pop Party: Celebrating Pop Music from the 80s, 90s and 2000s.
- July 31 - Latin Party: Celebrating Latin and Salsa Music from the 80s, 90s, and 2000s.
- Aug 7 – K-Pop: Celebrating Asian Music from the 90s and 2000s
Join us for fun performers: puppets, jugglers, magicians, storytelling, live animals and more. Every week will bring something new!
- May 30 - Loco Motion: National Juggling Champion and movement artist Peter Davison presents juggling, unicycling, balancing, acrobatics and more, while teaching the science behind the artistry.
- June 6 - Comedy Magic Show: Join Ann Lincoln as she entertains us with comedy, magic, juggling and more! The audience helps make the magic happen both on-stage and off.
- June 13 - Cowboy Steve: Cowboy Steve will be spinnin’ cowboy yarns and tellin’ jokes while strumming’ his guitar, playin’ his harmonica and sawin’ on the fiddle.
- June 20 - Medicine Heart Dancers: Celebrate Native American Heritage with a live drum & dance performance.
- June 27 - Hunk-Ta-Bunk-Ta Music: Come sing, move, and groove to music from around the globe. Everyone is part of the show!
- July 4 – Holiday (No Program)
- July 11 - Swallow Hill Music: Sound Ideas from Around the World: Come learn about geography, social studies, and languages, through wondrous musical instruments collected from around the world.
- July 18 - Percussion Lady: Experience the magic and excitement of playing world percussion instruments in a community setting.
- July 25 - Nature’s Educators: A raptor, reptile, amphibian, and more will demonstrate amazing adaptations for survival in various habitats!
- August 1 - Denise Gard: Doggie Dance! Denise Gard’s Border Collies will perform some groovy tricks as Denise shares some incredible stories set to music! Then learn how to dance like a dog! August 8 - Rocky Mountain Puppets: Rock N’ Read! Aidan the dragon wants to start his own band. He is going to need your help to learn the value of teamwork!
Thursday Interactive Activities
Join us for fun programs associated with the summer reading theme “Libraries Rock”. Every week will bring something new!
- 5/31 - Instrument Petting Zoo: Come try out ukuleles, hand drums, guitars, mandolins, banjos, fiddles, and more.
- 6/7 - Food Science: Join us for some fun science experiments centered around food.
- 6/14 - Firetruck: Come meet some of our Denver firefighter friends and take a tour through their firetruck.
- 6/21 - Musical Crafts: Come make fun musical crafts including drums, tambourines, rainsticks and trumpets.
- 6/28 - Rockin’ with Rob: Join local rock star, Rob Drabkin, in a library jam session for kids. Come learn about life as a singer/songwriter, help Rob write a new song, and make a musical craft!
- 7/5 - Summer Crafts: Come make fun summer crafts including clothespin airplanes, washer necklaces, duct tape bags and candles.
- 7/12 - Geology Rocks: Music isn’t the only way we’re going to “Rock” this summer. Come learn about different kinds of rocks and make some rocks of your own.
- 7/19 - Kazoo Orchestra: Come learn how to play a kazoo so we can work together to make an orchestra!! We will make kazoos too!
- 7/26 - Science of Sound: Come explore sound and music with a science twist.
- 8/2 - STOMP!: Ever been tempted to make music with garbage cans, dryer vents, hoses and pipes!! Well here’s your chance!
- 8/9 - Magnet Science: Learn about the forces that make magnets work, and try your hand at a variety of fun magnetic experiments.
Join us every Friday throughout the summer at 1pm for Legos. Fun for the whole family!