Live, Learn and Play Well with us!
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Library has something for everyone! Parks, Recreation and Library offers a variety of programs and services through the Englewood Recreation Center, Malley Recreation Center, Broken Tee Golf Course and Pirates Cove Aquatic Center. Our parks provide more than 250 acres of park and open space land with amenities that include park shelters, trails, tennis courts, a dog park, athletic fields and more so come Live, Learn and Play Well with us!
Below are just a few of Parks, Recreation & Library's upcoming events and programs. Check out the Englewood Citizen and the Department's online registration page for more programs and offerings.
Upcoming events . . . . .
13th Annual Englewood Art Exhibit - October 3rd - 17th, Malley Recreation Center
Halloween Carnival - Saturday, October 20th, 5-8:30pm, Englewood Recreation Center
Holiday Bazaar - Saturday, November 3rd, 9am - 4pm, Malley Recreation Center
NEW Fitness Classes:
- Tai Chi Yoga Fusion (Mondays, 4-5pm, MRC)
- Blending the best of both ancient arts, your practice will be filled with gentle, fluid movements, stretches and peaceful poses.
- Walk & Stretch for Power (Mondays, 5:30-6:30pm, ERC)
- Includes stretching and proper walking technique for fitness, and if interested, competition.
- Step Smartly (Wednesdays, 8-9am, ERC)
- Learn to improve your gait, posture and balance while you focus on walking basics through motion and body awareness.
- Retro Step (Saturdays, 8:05-9:05am, ERC)
- Strengthen, tone and improve fitness as you step up and back into the 90's
For more information or to register for these and other fitness classes Click here
October events in the Library . . . . .
- Get Smart (Wed., October 3, 3:30-5:30pm) FREE
- The Library is partnering with High Performance Tutoring so you can reap the benefits of high-quality math, science and test prep tutoring. Help is available for elementary through advanced college coursework. Drop in or RSVP by calling 720-943-7304.
- Coding: the basics I & II (Sat., Oct. 20 & Oct. 27, 10:30 - noon)
- Explore basic principles fundamental to every coding language through hands-on activities and games. No coding experience required. For adults and teens. No registration required.
- Writers Group (Wed., Oct. 3 and Wed., Oct. 17, 6:30pm)
- Join us twice a month for writing discussion and practice with prompts and exercises. All experience levels welcome. For adults. No registration required.
- Believe in Ghosts? (Thurs., Oct. 25, 7-8:30pm)
- Colorado Paranormal Investigators are returning and bringing psychic, Gina Self, to EPL to check in on our paranormal patrons. For all ages. No registration required.
- NaNoWriMo (Plot Planning Party) (Mon., Oct. 29, 7-8:30pm)
- Party hard with the Library before the real work begins! Come enjoy an event with your compatriots that does not involve writing frantically for as long as you can! There will be games, refreshments and giveaways in preparation for NaNoWriMo (please see https://NaNoWriMo.org or visit the Library's website for details). For adults and teens. No registration required.
Check our Calendar of Events for upcoming meetings and events and visit the links to the left for other Englewood happenings.