Live, Learn and Play Well with us!
Parks, Recreation and Library offers a variety of programs and services through the Englewood Public Library, Englewood Recreation Center, Malley Recreation Center, Broken Tee Golf Course and Pirates Cove Aquatic Center. Below are just some of our upcoming events and programs. Check out the Englewood Citizen and the Department's online registration page for more programs and offerings.
Upcoming Fall/Winter events . . . . .
• Holiday Bazaar - Saturday, November 3rd, 9am - 4pm, Malley Recreation Center
• Englewood Holiday Express - December 7 & 8, 15 & 16 (stay tuned for details)
October events in the Library . . . . .
- Coding: the basics I & II (Sat., Oct. 20 & Oct. 27, 10:30 - noon)
- Explore basic principles fundamental to every coding language through hands-on activities and games. No coding experience required. For adults and teens. No registration required.
- Believe in Ghosts? (Thurs., Oct. 25, 7-8:30pm)
- Colorado Paranormal Investigators are returning and bringing psychic, Gina Self, to EPL to check in on our paranormal patrons. For all ages. No registration required.
- NaNoWriMo (Plot Planning Party) (Mon., Oct. 29, 7-8:30pm)
- Party hard with the Library before the real work begins! Come enjoy an event with your compatriots that does not involve writing frantically for as long as you can! There will be games, refreshments and giveaways in preparation for NaNoWriMo (please see https://NaNoWriMo.org or visit the Library's website for details). For adults and teens. No registration required.
Broken Tee Golf Course Events:
- Winter Driving Range Pass: Pre-order your Driving Range Pass for the winter now and have it ready for pick-up on October 15th. Winter Range Pass access until March 31, 2019. Click here for details and to purchase online.
NEW Fitness Classes:
- Tai Chi Yoga Fusion (Mondays, 4-5pm, MRC)
- Blending the best of both ancient arts, your practice will be filled with gentle, fluid movements, stretches and peaceful poses.
- Walk & Stretch for Power (Mondays, 5:30-6:30pm, ERC)
- Includes stretching and proper walking technique for fitness, and if interested, competition.
- Step Smartly (Wednesdays, 8-9am, ERC)
- Learn to improve your gait, posture and balance while you focus on walking basics through motion and body awareness.
- Retro Step (Saturdays, 8:05-9:05am, ERC)
- Strengthen, tone and improve fitness as you step up and back into the 90's
For more information or to register for these and other fitness classes Click here
Check our Calendar of Events for upcoming meetings and events and visit the links to the left for other Englewood happenings.