Darren Hollingsworth, Economic Development Manager
Email Economic Development
Searchable Address Map (outside link) - Determine if your business is located in an enterprise zone
Businesses located within the South Metro Enterprise Zone are eligible for State of Colorado income tax credits in the following areas:
- Investment Tax Credit - 3 percent tax credit for equipment purchases
- New Jobs Credit - $1,100 tax credit per qualifying new job
- Health Insurance Credit - $1,000 tax credit per insured job; available for the first two years
- Job Training - 12 percent tax credit for eligible training costs
- Research and Development Credit - Up to a 3 percent tax credit for qualified R&D expenditures
- Vacant Building Rehabilitation Credit - 25% credit for rehabilitating a vacant building for commercial use
- Manufacturing Sales and Use Tax - Expanded sales and use tax exemption
- Commercial Vehicle Income Tax - Up to 1.5 tax credit on commercial trucks, truck tractors, tractor, or semi-tractors, including associated parts
Filing for Tax Credits:
Pre-Certification: Businesses wanting to claim any of the Colorado Enterprise Zone (EZ) income tax credits are required to annually file a Pre-Certification for activities occurring in the tax year that will earn an Enterprise Zone Tax Credit. Pre-Certification must be filed before expenses are incurred.
Certification for Tax Credits: A business having pre-certified, and then conducted activities that are eligible for EZ credits, must then complete a certification application and receive approval from the Enterprise Zone Administrator. Certification documents must be submitted with your Colorado income tax filing.
To file for Pre-Certification and Certification, please visit Colorado Office of Economic Development (outside link).
More Information:South Metro Enterprise Zone: Call 303-762-2347 or E-mail Economic Development.
Technical Assistance with EZ Filing: Email Leasa Schwaebe at Colorado Department of Revenue