New Police Building Informational Open House
Wednesday, Oct. 25, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The City of Englewood is hosting an Open House, Wednesday, Oct. 25, 5:30-7:30 p.m., to present plans for the new Englewood Police Headquarters. The Open House will be at the Englewood Police Building 3615 S. Elati Street.
The DLR Group, Adolfson and Peterson Construction and City staff will be present to display plans and provide information.
In November, 2016, Englewood voters approved a ballot issue to construct a new Police Headquarters building. The new building will incorporate all the elements included in the ballot issue including:
- Providing modern facilities for our police to preserve records and DNA evidence from cold case files to meet national certification standards.
- Providing sufficient secured areas so victims who give their statements about a crime are not in close proximity to those arrested for committing the crime.
- Replacing the current police station with a facility that allows for modern internet, modern computers, locker rooms and training equipment for up-to-date policing needs.
- Providing Englewood police additional tools, such as more holding cells that they need to more safely handle those arrested for suspected criminal activity and protect the public safety.
- Providing secured parking to protect officers and their families.
- To the extent funds are available, address other safety services needs.